Friday, May 3, 2013

4-Wheelin, bonfires, and family


So, it's been awhile!  We have been eagerly awaiting Spring, which seems in no hurry to make an appearance, but we've been trying to busy ourselves with outdoor activities, none the less!  We've been having bonfires at friend's houses, going 4-wheelin, and I've been doing some yard clean up at our house-which we are loving by the way!  As it gets warmer and the ice melts on the lake the view gets better and better and I can't believe we live here!  This is more of a random post of things we've been up to.  


The funny thing is they weren't even trying to get stuck this time and they stuck both Jeeps--bad.  
Both Jeeps ended up being buried in mud down to the axles :/
After a few hours the property owner (an elder at our church) came with his truck to help and proceeded to get that stuck also!  Lol, so we ended up leaving all three vehicles overnight and came back with a friend who had a backhoe the next day.  Well, after getting that stuck, too they finally got all four vehicles out!  Quite the ordeal....

In other random news, we held a concert at our church the same weekend they were here.  Northland International University in Dunbar asked if they could use our facility to host a concert, so we had Jason Gray, Andrew Peterson, and the band Caleb come on Sat. night.  It was a great concert and what's even greater was that God brought about 700 people to it!  We couldn't believe the turnout and were so grateful for God's provision in working everything out with the concert.   Unfortunately, I didn't take any pics of the concert, either!  Sorry!
Making hobo pies at a friend's campfire Bow is patiently waiting for his to be done. ;)








I wanted to show off my crafty homemade pillows, since Alex was less than impressed with them (I guess he's just not the crafting type--which I think I prefer) :)


 We had Max and Jamie (Alex's bro and our sis-in-law) over last weekend, and we had gorgeous weather....I'm talking 70's and sunny!  So, we got out and did some hiking, which I think is one of Max's all time favorite things to do, since he seems to be doing it every weekend with his family.  I always chuckle a little when I see posts from Jamie of them hiking with the kids and the kiddos are in their Crocs! :)  Those kids are troopers!  Wish we could've had them up last weekend, too, but we had some great adult time!  I was bad, however, and didn't take any pictures!  Look to Jamie's blog for that, I know she took some pics, so maybe she'll post them soon.

The view from our kitchen window-this deer was checking out one of our cats :)


We're also looking forward to a busy kickoff to summer, as we'll be going to Houston at the end of May for some Acts29 conferences, Declan will be coming to pick up a vehicle for his dad, my parents will visit the first week of June, Judy is coming with Anne and David right after that, then Drew and Rebecca come in the middle of June to visit, and then we wrap up June with a family reunion in Traverse City!  And sometime in there I'll be starting to work full time on nights, for a few months, while 2 girls in my dept are on maternity leave!  Looking forward to it all, though, especially having the fam come up to hang out!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray ~ a new blog post! I love getting updates on how you guys are doing. I LOVE the pillows!

    ReplyDelete