Quick update while I have a computer to type on...a few big things have been happening here:
1. I'm sure most of you know by now, but I recently got a job as a relief x-ray tech at the hospital in town here, which was a huge answer to prayers-so thank you! I start training Monday, June 4th and will train on days for a week (7-3) and then the next week I'll have a few 3-11 shifts and then end with two 3rd shift trainings at the end of June. Should make for a busy June, as I'm keeping my job at the YMCA also! I'm expecting it to die down pretty quickly after my training is up, though, but your prayers would be very appreciated!
2. We are moving out of the house on Woodward into a smaller duplex in Iron Mountain (to save money and get off the busy road) and we move tomorrow! Hopefully we will have lots of hands to make it go quickly!
3. A kind of random update, I've come out of retirement and am playing piano for the worship team at church now. After having 2 worship leaders leave recently (both for extrenuating family circumstances and job opportunities) we were really hurting for musicians (mainly a guitarist) but a pianist will have to do! I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit, and the church has loaned me a keyboard that I can use at home to practice during the week.
4. We were supposed to have Declan visiting this weekend/next week, but he is not able to come anymore, so now we look forward to Mom and Dad visiting in a few weekends! Hopefully I'll have most of the house put away by then!
5. And of course, we are keeping busy with church engagements and getting to know people better, which really has been very fun.
6. The last bit of news (that I'm not too excited about) but Alex put in for a bear tag for the fall, and is uber-excited to bear hunt. Of which I've made it very clear that I will take no part in--especially not the tracking if he hits one!
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
On another note, though, we have found a red-headed stepchild to replace him! After scouring Craigslist for a few days we narrowed the search for a cheap vehicle down to a few contenders. We ended up driving to Rhinelander, WI (about 2 hours) to check out this 1986 Chevy K-10 that we both really liked, and after test driving it bought it and drove it home last Monday! The Lord really blessed us with selling the old truck, and providing us with another one in just a few short days! (and that it made the trip home ok!)