Monday, November 14, 2011

WAR Jewelry Party

Recently I finally was able to throw a jewelry party for the Women at Risk organization that is based out of Grand Rapids.  I've been wanting to have one since last November, but little things kept getting in the way.  WAR International is a Christian based organization that helps women get out of at-risk situations such as forced prostitution, exploitation, marriage issues, domestic violence and much more.  They do this by teaching them a trade (such as jewelry making) and then helping them sell their product to support them and their families.  Ninety percent of the proceeds go right back to the ladies, and WAR uses the ten percent for business expenses, such as shipping the jewelry to whoever wants to throw the party, and the cost of shipment back.  Anyways, we had a ton of fun, they sent us soooo much beautiful high quality jewelry and I'm happy to say that we sold just under $2,000!  I wish I had taken pictures but I didn't....I encourage you to take a look at their website, though, and see what they're all about!  You can also shop the WAR Chest online, which has much more than just jewelry:  http://www.warinternational.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment